TOPIC: THREE POWERFUL INSTINCTS GOD GAVE US
SPEAKER: PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME
When God created us, he gave us instincts.
The Bible shows us that there are spiritual senses/instincts. These instincts controls what we do.
There are three powerful instincts that cause us to do the unexpected and the unnatural. They are;
1. The Instinct To Survive; to strive against adversaries and adversities. It doesn’t only drive you about yourself but for other people too. You will be interested in helping other people to survive. The instinct to survive helps us to offer solutions. It’s natural, it’s not something you ask God for. It’s in everybody, you got it in you.
2. The Instinct To Know; it is a quest for knowledge. A desire to know. You are curious about the unknown. It’s natural, you were born with it. It doesn’t matter the kind of knowledge it is, you just want to know. It’s in every human person. The level of this instinct varies in different individuals, it’s strong in some, and weak in others.
3. The Instinct To Dominate: it is a natural instinct. The Instinct to control, to rule over. It’s natural and it’s in everyone. The natural thing for a human being is to want to be a leader. You were made after him, you are a born leader. There’s no human being that is not born to lead, it’s only stronger in some. It’s only laziness that will make you think you are not a leader. Leadership has grades and levels so don’t make the excuse of ‘who is going to be a follower if we are all leaders’
You start living, the moment you;
1. stir up these instincts. You can make them stronger. It begins with a consciousness.
2. You’ve got to define your purpose, whether it’s about survival – about you or helping others to survive; or even about knowledge or about dominating your world or environment
3. Set your sail: Answer the call. Not many know how to answer the call. You may not always know when God calls if you are not trained to know.
God doesn’t have enough leaders, this is because most have not answered the call. You have to say to yourself daily 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
I wasn’t born for nothing
You won’t be here if your life was not born for a global influence
You have a role to play in this amazing team that the Lord is raising to change the world