“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it”(Malachi 3:10).
Tithing brings you into partnership with the Lord. This means giving Him a tenth of all your income and every blessing He brings your way continually. When you do this, He fulfils His own part of the bargain by releasing into your life an unprecedented financial grace: “…and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing.”
It’s like a business partnership where one person has 30% share and the other 70%. When they strike a good deal, they both must have their share of the profit. One partner isn’t doing the other a favour by paying him what belongs to him because it’s his right in the partnership. To do otherwise would mean to steal from him.
God wants you to keep tithing so you can bask in abundance and walk in His blessings. His financial plan for you far surpasses what any parent or financial institution could ever offer. He’s the one who gives you power to get wealth. When you’re diligent in paying your tithes He’ll see to it that you never lack, and that your life is in one direction only: upward and forward. God wants you to experience liberty in your finances, and walk in abundance.
If as a Christian, you’ve been experiencing financial difficulties, even though you’ve been paying your tithes, it’s not the Lord that’s holding back. Keep paying your tithes and declaring the Word of faith, for the devourer has already been rebuked for your sake. You shouldn’t ever debate whether or not to give your tithe because it isn’t yours in the first place but God’s! So keep tithing, for this is the right thing to do; it’s what God demands in your prosperity.